Raining, and my connection at work pissed me off enough that I fled to a cafe. Happens to be one of my favorite places to eat, so I feel much better even if walking here was a little soggy. Hostess recognized me, which is something I like about regular places; familiarity and a homeliness.
Sat everyone down and made them talk to me about wtf was up, what they needed, what the hell wasn't clear and all that, I am glad I'm going to the library after this, I need focus without distraction and the feeling of being WATCHED. I hate this thing going around that I wasn't working, now I feel jumpy to take breaks, which just snowballs into worse focus--so I said screw that and hence I'm out of the office all day. But not anywhere as distracting as HOME, which is horribly distracting, considering all my projects. I guess I'm perturbed this stuff didn't come up a month ago, when I had far more time and far less things to handle. But since everyone was busy with grants and they weren't exactly looking at anything to give me feedback...
But food is good, and I am feeling good. They're really on the ball today, not five minutes after ordering my food was out. Then again, I came in around 1pm, which is when lunch is usually ENDING for people.
Will do my Monthly Music Post sometime today, likely when I'm taking a break from spelling out every. little. detail. of crap. I'm not that
innovative and intelligent, geez. I even avoided jargon! Why are we still not communicating?
Other good things, to keep my mood up:
- Went out with my mom last night, as she hasn't done that with me for a while. Purchased lots of ribbon and other jewelry-related things and finally used my Kohl's gift card. Bought those extremely skinny jeans (what the hell, you're only young once and I have great legs. at least they're pants, not tights) and went a little over budget over another Vera Wang article of clothing
(I know it's a white button-up shirt, which may sound silly, but it is the most comfortable and flattering white button-up I've ever tried on, and it was marked down quite a bit from what you see on the website and is made of the softest cotton I've ever touched). My mom also found me some luggage (I was going to borrow their luggage set, but we found a really nice set that was marked down to a ridiculous amount... plus it's red) which is rather well-timed, considering Otakon.
- Sub-point: I need to get more hips or something so I can wear women's sized pants. Other than Levi's, Junior's pants are full of ill-fitting skankery. Seriously, I do not like my pants so low that I'd have to shave to wear them. I also do not have a ghetto booty. Or a desire to have lacing, bling, or other things on my pants. Junior's section, you FAIL. I know, I'm complaining about being too small... but there are frustrations in things being too huge in areas that are not easy to fix with a sewing machine
- I have started first_seventhe
's hairsticks. I'm using wooden knitting needles as the base (they were cheap and nifty) and debating painting them. I think they will be cute.
- I am extremely fond of this cafe... I look forward to graduating and living in this general vicinity so I can walk here for breakfast or lunch on random days when I need a pick-me-up. It's probably a good thing that I have a high metabolism, good food is such a mood lifter for me.
- Ha, one of the waiters wanted to know where I got my hat (this fedora came from Delia*s, actually... it's my first fedora. got it in high school). I think I may have inadvertently caused hilarity, especially if he checks out the website. XD
- Um... yeah, mostly just waiting until next weekend. Gah. NEED VACATION.
P.S. Ever have one of those experiences of bumping into someone and then you don't know their name OR where you know them from and so you ask for the name, it doesn't jog anything and it bothers you for a while until it suddenly dawns on you?
Yeah, just had one of those. I ran into someone from the card factory (DARK TIMES THOSE WERE). Man, that was awkward. I remember he got fired over drugs, now that I think about it and liked to get into philosophical arguments with me and hit on the one trashy girl that sat at our folding table (I was sorta friends with the OTHER chick at that table, because she wasn't lazy or stupid and had a lot of interesting things to say which no one bothered because she had a thick accent... one of these days I'm going to write this all down, I swear).
Though, it did produce this little gem of a conversation:
"Hey, so how did your wedding go?"
"Wedding was fine, marriage was a shambles, I'm dating a hot woman now."
"Mind if I get back to work? I'm actually on the clock and have a lot of stuff to get done today."
"What do you do?"
"Educational video game design."
"Definitely a step up from the factory."
"I've leveled up in life, even if I'm a few random encounters short of having some decent levels Engineering Class."
"Alright, I forgot that you didn't speak plain English, nerd. Nice to see you."